Coastal Cleanup – King Harbor Marinas
September 15, 2018
Mid-September every year, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Come do a little cleaning up and work side by side on a wonderful community event.
- When: Mid-September – 9am to noon.
- Where: The patio at Port Royal Marina, 555 N. Harbor Drive, Redondo Bch. Drive W to the end of Beryl. It becomes Portofino Way as it banks left. Turn right into the parking lot where you see the boats. The gate combo will be posted.
- Bring: Yourself (and a friend?), a water bottle and sun protection. A dish glove or we will provide one. We will provide buckets, strainers & everything else.
Our pictures, Click Here.
Join the world’s biggest volunteer cleanup event and help your community.
Working with the nice folks at Heal the Bay, the local yacht clubs and Port Royal Marina, we will again be organizing our local Cleanup Site – the marinas of King Harbor in Redondo Beach.
We do a little cleaning up and it is a great time to work side by side on a community event.
- When: September 16, 2017 – 9am to noon.
- Where: The patio at Port Royal Marina, 555 N. Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach. Drive W to the end of Beryl. It becomes Portofino Way as it banks left. Turn right into the parking lot where you see the boats. The gate combo will be posted.
- Bring: Yourself (and a friend?), a water bottle and sun protection. We will provide everything else.
The light blue building is the Port Royal Marina & Yacht Club. You’ll see our setup on the patio.
Everything you need will be provided – water, strainers, buckets, carts, gloves, etc. Bring your water container and sun protection.
See map below to find parking lot entrance.
555 N. Harbor Drive / Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Coastal Cleanup Day is a global event, the largest Volunteer Day on the planet. It highlights the need to keep our coastal areas clean, safe and fun for all. Last year in California alone, nearly 63,000 volunteers removed over 871,580 pounds of trash and recyclable waste from our beaches, lakes, and waterways, covering more than 1,500 miles! An astounding 648,015 volunteers in 92 countries picked up more than 12.3 million pounds of trash in our 2013 International Coastal Cleanup.
Thank you for helpin’ out.
Thanks to all who participated last year!
Our 2013 event was a huge success. We got more than twice as much debris as last year. Thank you all for participating including the large group from Kinecta Credit Union. All of you rock!
A big thank you to:
Info on Coastal Cleanup 2013 below …
Flyer from 2012 …
“Dear Woody,Thank you for participating in Heal the Bay’s 23rd annual Coastal Cleanup Day! Despite scorching temperatures, Southlanders showed up in droves on Saturday to pick up nearly 20 tons of ocean-bound debris!
Your efforts spanned 56 miles of local beaches, inland waterways, regional parks and urban neighborhoods to remove 38,598 pounds of trash. Cigarette butts, plastic bottles and caps, snack-food packaging, plastic bags and Styrofoam fragments were among the most frequently found items.
Among the unusual found objects was an aspiring actor’s tattered headshot discovered by divers near the Santa Monica Pier. Only in L.A.!
If you enjoyed Coastal Cleanup Day, join us for our monthly beach cleanups every third Saturday from 10 a.m.- noon. Can’t make it to our next cleanup? Just $20 can help run a cleanup site in your neighborhood.
Thanks for your hard work!
Coastal Cleanup Day Coordinator”