July 5 – 12, 2014
Cruise Ireland was amazing. Three fun boats of great people!
See the pictures … Click Here
Come cruise the river Shannon from Portumna, all the way up to Carrick-On-Shannon. Canal boats are the best way to really see a country. Learn to operate your own canal boat from our fun pro skippers. Get away from the tourist spots and get into the heart of Ireland. We pull over often and park overnight outside wonderful little towns. Our first canal cruise was amazing. This time our boats will take us up the middle of enchanted Ireland, in mid summer. And we have some great people already booked along with the fun captains you are used to. Yep, locks and loughs, castles and pubs; can’t wait!
From the folks at LeBoat …
Come to Ireland for its crystal clear lakes and rivers, dramatic scenery and lush, green landscapes. The beautiful River Shannon and River Erne—and their surrounding network of loughs—are easy to cruise and a delight to explore. The Ireland Celtic Cruise appeals for many reasons, chiefly because it covers lots of the Shannon. The Georgian town of Portumna lies astern and the pristine waters of Lough Ree surround you. Look forward to indulging yourself with amazing scenery and historic sites. Watch from the boat or bicycle ahead. Walk ancient towns. Finish the day with some shepherd’s pie in a pub!
Three canal boats full of friends, one direction, 7 blissful days …
- 48′ Manifique
- 48′ Manifique – Sold Out
- 42′ Classique – Sold Out
All Cruise questions … CaptainWoody@AdventureVoyaging.com
Booking terms and tips …
Everyone works together on Adventure Voyages. To the extent that you are able … you help with locks, lines, helming, navigation, food prep or cleanup, exploring, fresh bread and latte’ runs.
- Price includes your cabin on the yacht, teaching skipper, and partial provisioning – food for simple breakfasts and lunches, some dinners. Ireland has fun food fare ashore, expect to add some local flavor to your adventure.
- Travel is extra. We publish tips and tricks from those who have gone before us.
- Passports are required to enter Ireland. Must be valid 3 months beyond stay. No visa required for US & Canadians.
- No smoking onboard boats.
- She or he is responsible for you. Skipper decisions are final.
- Cabins booked first come, first served. Charter company reserves the right to replace a boat with a similar vessel.
- Balance due 60 days prior to cruise. Await cabin confirmation from AV prior to booking air or making other arrangements.
- 100% refund within 7 days of purchase unless within 60 days of sail. Refund also given if another party can be found to fill the spot.
- We passionately defend the bliss of our wonderful people. If we feel you don’t fit with that idea, we reserve the right to remove you from the boat (to land ;).
- You agree to have the Adventure of a lifetime!
Travel tips …
We board the boats at Portumna on July 5, 4pm (1600). We depart the boats at Carrick-on-Shannon on July 12, at 9am (0900). Airport code for Dublin is DUB, Shannon is SNN. Last I checked (Kayak.com or Google.com/flights), LAX to DUB was $1500 and less if dates are flexible. Ireland Travel info and more – Click Here.
Feel the irresistible lure of the Shannon-Erne …
The Shannon River gives Ireland’s central reaches their character. It’s an major feature if you study a Shannon River map. At a glance, it’s clear that the waters influence the land. The fishing is superb, and golf is a passion! The towpath is level, so you’re in cycling heaven! As you travel, you’ll stop in villages, explore medieval churches, and kick back in the pubs!
Cruise France Adventure from May ’13, Click Here.