The Golden Rock Regatta
St. Maarten in el Carib
November 13 – 19, 2013
The Golden Rock Regatta was a raging success for our friend Betsy Crowfoot and her intrepid, all female Rock Stars crew as they took first place again.
- Female sailors can book individual passage on Betsy’s all girl boat. Click Here
- Jeff & Marie aka Ken & Barbie are bringing their 60′ Fountaine Cat up for this event. They still have space onboard for you. Click Here
- Wednesday 13th: GRR Welcoming dinner (BBQ) and regatta briefing at the 12 Metre Bar in Bobby’s Marina
- Thursday 14th: Race to Gustavia, St. Barths
- Friday 15th: Race to Port Zante, Basseterre, St. Kitts
- Saturday 16th is Statia Day: Race to Fort Orange, St. Eustatius
- Sunday 17th: Racing round the cans off Fort Orange. Prizegiving and Oranjefeest at the Dinghy Dock in Lower Town
- Monday 18th: Race to Oyster Pond, St. Martin. Closing dinner & Prizegiving at Captain Olivers Restaurant.
The Sunsail 44i is now the all girl boat, team “Rock Stars” defending their title from last year. Hop on, have an amazing week with like-minded ladies, pile your linens in the center of your bunk at the end and walk away … with a tan, new friends and a big smile on your face. And hopefully some sort of trophy, though not the barn door 😉 Click to email Betsy.
The Ken & Barbie cat is a Fountaine 60′. All cabins with own head. Ken tells us, “We have SAT TV, SAT Phone, 2 dingy’s (9′ & 14′), fully AC, watermaker(great showers) … includes all food and bar on the boat. We are at this point the only cat in the regatta, the other 2 dropped out. So, it means we get a trophy plus other goodies. ” And there may be an option for pick up in BVI and even cruising after St. Martin. s/v Delphine website, Click Here.
All other Adventure questions … CaptainWoody@AdventureVoyaging.com
After countless flotillas together skippering their own boats, Tania and Woody will be sailing together for the first time. Betsy Crowfoot got us involved in this regatta. She knows we don’t do Antigua or the Heineken because they are a little too serious. She loves the GRR and the fun folks it draws and thinks we will too. We’re inclined to agree. This is going to be great. Looking forward to sailing with Ken & Barbie too.
Arrive early and join in on the St. Maarten’s Day festivities including the GRR’s ‘Orangefeest’ (Orange Party) to be held on the Boardwalk in Philipsburg in front of the Bottoms-Up restaurant. Snacks and drinks on offer for all regatta participants. Yachts will not be available to board until Wednesday noon.
Everyone works together on Adventure Voyages. To the extent that you are able … you help with lines, fenders, hoisting, trimming, navigation, mooring, anchoring, etc. Anything you would like to learn, your skipper is there to teach. And if you eat and don’t cook, you ought’ be good at dishes.
- Price includes your bunk or cabin on the yacht, and partial provisioning – food for simple breakfasts and lunches, couple dinners/BBQ. The islands we are exploring have fun shore eateries, expect to add some local flavor to your Adventure.
- Travel is extra. We publish tips and pass on group rates when we get them.
- Passports and a return ticket are required to enter St. Maarten.
- No smoking onboard boats.
- They are responsible for you. Skipper decisions are final.