Sail BVI was awesome. CLICK HERE for pictures.
Sail the British Virgin Islands
December 5 – 12, 2012
Sail BVI is full.
Welcome to Adventure Voyaging! As we have for 20 years, Captain Woody and Crew continue to bring you fun adventure cruises all over the world. For Sail BVI, we have signed up some great skippers that will guide you through el Carib’s best charter destination. From the old Ship Store, Janeen will be handling your calls and orders. Bonus … Tania Aebi and I are getting together to create more charter adventures that you will never forget. What better place than the BVI to sketch out our plans.
The BVI are the center of charter cruising and the obvious choice for our comeback cruise. They are perfectly suited for mellow paradise to paradise sailing – a ring of islands with a steady breeze and low seas. Every port boasts shoreside (or floating) bars and restaurants where you can enjoy some local flavor or sip the cocktail/coldie of your choice while basking in a warm tradewind breeze. And of course perfect water to snorkel/swim in. And hills to hike and geologic wonders to crawl through. Oh my.
We have just booked Eric Stone to skipper and to ply us with island music. Leverick Bay Resort is putting on their Beach BBQ Jumba for us. And the Bitchins are threatening to join us. I’ve set aside a boat for them and Bob is filling it with some of the industries finest … er, at least the most notorious. And the rest of the crowd? It is all you, our reader/sailor friends, who have been with us on our evolving adventure all these years.
Our travels have covered the globe from Tonga to Croatia and we have done reader charters from high end to mid range. This one being closer to home, we are making it a more affordable cruise. The boats aren’t new but the location is still awesome and the people great.
Our charter partner for this cruise is BVI Yacht Charters. Abbie and the team have been cheery and helpful in providing us everything we need for our blissful cruise through paradise. We have booked 6 boats to start …
- 42′ Lagoon Catamaran 2009, 4 cabins, 4 heads
- 42′ Lagoon Catamaran 2007, 3 cabins, 3 heads
- 41′ Lagoon Catamaran 2006, 4 cabins, 4 heads
- 46′ Beneteau Monohull 2007, 3 cabins, 2 heads
- 42′ Beneteau Monohull 2005, 3 cabins, 2 heads
- 40′ Beneteau Monohull 2007, 3 cabins, 2 heads
More details below …
Lagoon 420 – with full hull cabin
- We have the boats from noon on Dec 5 to noon on Dec 12. I wouldn’t book a flight out until at least 3pm on the 12th. Airport code for Tortola Beef Island is EIS. We like to do a get together on the night before our adventure. More info and hotel suggestions later.
- Price includes your spot and partial provisioning – food for simple breakfasts and lunches, some dinners/BBQ. BVI has fun shore eateries at every stop to add some local flavor to your adventure. Travel is extra (though we do publish tips and pass on group rates where possible).
- Cabins booked first come, first served.
- No smoking onboard boats – includes the dink.
- She or he is responsible for you. Skipper decisions are final.
- Some boats shown here may be sisterships.
- $1000 deposit secures your spot, couple or single. Balance due 60 days prior to cruise.
- 100% refund within 14 days of purchase unless within 60 days of sail. Refund also given if another party can be found to fill the spot.
- $100 off for CruisingOutpost members and returning Shailors.
- Passport required for British Virgin Islands. Click Here for US passport info. Canadian info Click Here.
- Trip info for Sail BVI Participants … Click Here