OK, raise your hand if you’re fired up for a Croatian sailing vacation?
Yep, me too. I know some of you are already packing so let’s get right to it …
Papers in order? Your passport should be good for 6 months after departure. More info on the travel page. All info on our Croatian Adventure …
Meeting place update …
Saturday June 6. Because of the time of the year, the seawall on Trogir will be packed with boats. To avoid having to walk across other gulets with our gear, Perla will be at a marina just up the road. Map below. Your hotel can arrange a taxi. Give them this address:
Don Petra Špike 2a
21218 Seget Donji
Tel: 00385 (0) 21 798 182
email@example.com MarinaBaotic.com or click maps …
What to Bring …
- Med climate, think 60’s through 80’s. Comfortable clothes for the yachting. Swimming? Then swimwear as well.
- Something nice-casual for evening dining ashore. Light collared shirt (toned down Hawaiian for me), khakis/jeans. For the ladies … whatever women wear always seems to be perfect :). Evenings can have a chill.
- A jacket or pullover for light rain or cool evenings. Sweater/fleece for layering?
- Shoes, I’ll probably bring flops. And boat shoes for the planes and in nicer restaurants. Your deck shoes should be non-marking (no black soles).
- Sunblock, sun glasses, hat with strap (shades head and neck a plus).
- Your bathroom stuff. Sheets and towels are provided.
- Camera, MP3 player, Book (or semi-smart device)
- Electronics … bring your home charger. As in all of Europe, Yacht Perla offers 220v, for most of the day. Almost all of your device chargers will run on 220v now (read the side). You need the adapter from our flat blade system to the two round prongs (type F).
- I bring a drinking cup with lid for airports/planes, stateroom, exploring ashore etc.
- Money: for cabs to and from airport, meals ashore, food bought to bring aboard, trinkets. Crew tip, 100e from each, if you thought they did a good job.
- Get Euros from your bank in advance or from the ATM at the airport and the occasional ATM in the islands. Local Kuna accepted as well.
- Go online or call credit card companies to warn them you will be charging in other countries.
- Meds: Customs often prefers you have them in their original container with pharmacy sticker.
- Gulet Perla Brochure … Click Here
The onboard Bar … Perla offers unlimited drinks for a per person price. As I understand it, it may only be available if everyone purchases it. If all are not up for the purchase or we cannot encourage a policy change ;), drinks are still available, pay as you go. Gulet Perla Drink prices … Click Here
More info … Wikitravel.org/en/Croatia. That site also has info on Trogir and Dubrovnik and the islands we will be visiting.
Contact Woody … I will be arriving and staying on Trogir starting June 3rd. And I will be all about making sure you all have your questions answered and helping with any travel issues you may have (I’ve seen it all). That is, when I’m not chillin’ at one of the outdoor cafes. Even then, I’ll have email and can receive calls (Tmobile .20 calls and free data 120 countries). If you can’t get me, Janeen is the wonderful voice that picks up when you call our AV number.
OK, you can put your hand down.
See you soon,
Croatia Cruises – What to expect?
Medieval towns, incredible bays, crystal clear sea, very good Mediterranean food. Every single day you can explore famous towns or hidden villages, or stay on anchor and wake up in the most stunning locations you can imagine.