June 6-13, 2015
All tips and info for our fellow Croatia Voyagers, Click Here
Dubrovnik story bottom of the page 🙂
Croatia is magical all on it’s own. But to explore this Mediterranean paradise in a sailing Gulet (say: goo-lay) will be a seafaring Adventure we will never forget. Gulet’s are large wooden sailing yachts built on the beaches of Turkey and fitted to yacht standard. Instead of a low cabin you get a walk in stateroom with separate head. Captain, chef and crew are there to make your cruise comfortable. Explore beautiful islands, anchorages, castles and villages of Croatia from the decks of a traditional sailing Gulet.
- Sailing Yacht Perla, 98 feet, ‘Luxury Class Gulet’
- One way cruise, Trogir to Dubrovnik
- Seven guest cabins cleaned daily
- A yacht tender, a canoe and internet
- Croatian crew of four. Captain knows the best spots, chef cooks your meals, hostess serves, and deckhand delivers us ashore.
- We are including ‘half board’: nice breakfasts, lunches and tea time. We’ll enjoy our dinners ashore in the amazing villages of coastal Croatia
- Couple with your own stateroom & head, $5600
- Single with your own stateroom & head, $3900
- Single to share a stateroom with head, $3100
- Deposit is $1500. Balance due 60 days prior
Terms of Booking – Click Here
Stuff that is extra … Your travel to and from the yacht. Full bar with bartender, drinks are pay as you go or pay 150 euro pp for no limit local drinks onboard the whole week. Your dinners ashore. Waterskiing. If you appreciate the service your Croatian crew has given you, a tip.
Travel tips … We will have a full travel page, as we do. The details you need now: We board Perla in marina Baotic next to Trogir at 1700 (5pm) on June 6 and leave the boat from Zaton Bay outside Dubrovnik 0900 on June 13. Fly into Split, near Trogir, airport code is SPU for booking air. Flying out of Dubrovnik, code is DBV. Wait for final confirmation of your spot before booking air. Also, we are checking with our favorite ‘castle’ Inn in Trogir for a group deal the night before. You do want to fly in a day or so early to get rested and fully enjoy your Croatian sailing Adventure. I had a quick look at flights on google.com/flights. LAX-SPU on June 4 and then DBV-LAX on June 14 is just under $2k.
Everyone works together on Adventure Voyages. Though this particular Adventure comes with full crew – bonus. With a nod from the captain, we can help with lines, fenders, hoisting, helming, trimming, navigation, mooring, anchoring, etc. Anything you would like to learn, your crew (and captain Woody) are there to teach.
Terms of booking …
- Price includes your cabin on the yacht, your crew and guide, and ‘half board’: nice breakfasts, lunches and tea time.
- Travel is extra. We pass on tips and better rates when we get them.
- She or he is responsible for you. Captain decisions are final.
- Cabins booked first come, first served on boats shown or ones similar.
- Balance due 60 days prior to cruise.
- 100% refund within 7 days of purchase unless within 60 days of sail. Refund also given if another party can be found to fill the spot.
- $100 off with TheSailingChannel.tv coupon code, Cruising Outpost Founder and more for anyone who has sailed with us before.
- No smoking onboard boats.
- You agree to a basic waiver/release. Click to view.
- Please wait for us to confirm your cabin before booking air, etc.
- You agree to have the Adventure of a lifetime!
Testimonials for Perla …
-From our agent Andrej (aka Alice): You & your friends will have great time, Perla is very nice, well maintained, service is great, crew flexible, friendly, professional. Great time, amazing experience guaranteed, Andrej
-From a guest in 2014: Dear Andrej, It was a wonderful 2 weeks. We have just arrived back in Australia. Niko and the crew were excellent. Niko spoke good English as did the rest of the crew so there were no communication issues. All the crew were very professional but relaxed. They all seemed to have a very good working relationship which made it pleasant to be on the boat. We left the itinerary mostly in Niko’s hands and he consulted us each day about plans and shoed us the map each day. He always found excellent spots to moor. Our favourites were Korkula, Jelsa and Vela Luka. Niko organized a very good guide for us in Korkula. The captain took very good account of the weather when deciding on the itinerary. The boat was very well laid out and the beds were very comfortable. Because it is a nice wide boat, all the beds were large. The back deck area was very comfortable and we particularly enjoyed the cushioned area at the very back and the very large dining table. Having internet access was very good and also TV (so we watched the World Cup). The food was plentiful and generally better than we got at restaurants on shore. Fresh fish was always very good. We were sad to get off the Perla at the end. Thank you for all your assistance. Katrina
I wasn’t prepared for Dubrovnik. I thought I’d seen it all. It is a large castle with a village and a harbor inside. We passed over a moat and through the fortified entrance on the hill. A magical fountain greeted us. The water seemed to emanate from nowhere. We filled up our trusty bottles. In front of us was a long, wide central cobblestone avenue that ambled down to the hand made harbor, “brick by brick my friends”. Legend had it that Alexander the Great had perused this central plaza. I kicked off my flops to try to feel the greatness and history of this amazing castle-village. On each side, sprawling up to the castle walls were the village homes, neat and ordered and stacked against each other, accessed by seemingly endless rock stairways. At the bottom of the central avenue are the cafe’s, the larger town buildings, statues of legends and a man-made harbor.
A full exploration is required. I encourage you to find the secret bar, through the 12 foot thick wall, up on the seaward side of the castle. Tables perched on jutting rocks far above the water. Views to the horizon. Lovely travelers sunning on flat boulders just above the sea.
Pictures from other Adventure Voyages including Sail Croatia ’09, Click Here
See you in Paradise!