Coastal Cleanup – Redondo Beach Marinas
September 19, 2015 ….
Was a Success!
Thank you to Mike Williams and the Port Royal Yacht Club and Marina for stepping up this year.
Stay tuned for 2016 info.
Join the world’s largest volunteer cleanup event and help your community
- When: September ?, 2016 – 9am to noon.
- Where: Port Royal Marina patio (lot entrance aprox. 300 Portofino Way).
- Bring: Yourself (and a friend?), a water bottle and sun protection.
- 9am we’ll have a quick briefing and break into teams and collect some debris
- We’ll meet back at the base between 11 and 12, or when bucket is full, for weigh in
- Port Royal Marina is providing a huge BBQ for interested attendees, noon!
Everything you need will be provided – water, strainers, buckets, carts, gloves, etc. Bring your water container and sun protection, a reusable glove if you have one.
Map below. Note parking lot entrance is on Portofino Way across from Seaside Lagoon entrance. Gate code will be posted on keypad.
301 Portofino Way on Google Maps is entrance to Port Royal parking lot.
Port Royal 555 N. Harbor Drive / Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Our 2014 event was a huge success. Click Here for details. All of you rock!
Our site is organized by Mike Williams of Port Royal Yacht Club & Marina, working with the nice folks at Heal the Bay, California State Parks Division of Boating & Waterways, Kinecta Credit Union volunteers, LA Cub Scouts, Dig4Kids.org, Port Royal, Redondo and King Harbor yacht clubs and Port Royal Marina, we will again be organizing our local Cleanup Site – the four marinas of King Harbor in Redondo Beach.
Coastal Cleanup Day is a global event, the largest volunteer day on the planet. It highlights the need to keep our coastal areas clean, safe and fun for all. Last year an astounding 648,015 volunteers in 92 countries picked up more than 12.3 million pounds of trash. Thanks for helpin’ out.
Thanks to all who participated last year!
A big thank you to:
- All who volunteered! This event doesn’t happen without you
- AdventureVoyaging.com for sponsoring the food
- Port Royal Marina for lending the lot and patio space.
- The City of Redondo and Gary L. for lending the cleanup gear.
- Heal the Bay, The Coastal Commission and Boating and Waterways for organizing our part of CA. You people are amazing.
2012 flyer …
“Dear Woody,Thank you for participating in Heal the Bay’s 23rd annual Coastal Cleanup Day! Despite scorching temperatures, Southlanders showed up in droves on Saturday to pick up nearly 20 tons of ocean-bound debris!
Your efforts spanned 56 miles of local beaches, inland waterways, regional parks and urban neighborhoods to remove 38,598 pounds of trash. Cigarette butts, plastic bottles and caps, snack-food packaging, plastic bags and Styrofoam fragments were among the most frequently found items.
Among the unusual found objects was an aspiring actor’s tattered headshot discovered by divers near the Santa Monica Pier. Only in L.A.!
If you enjoyed Coastal Cleanup Day, join us for our monthly beach cleanups every third Saturday from 10 a.m.- noon. Can’t make it to our next cleanup? Just $20 can help run a cleanup site in your neighborhood.
Thanks for your hard work!
Coastal Cleanup Day Coordinator”