Information about the charter base and facilities nearby, from the fine folks at Dream Yacht Charter …
Marsh Harbour Marina, Marsh Harbour, Abaco (island), Bahamas.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday: 8am – 6pm // Sunday & bank holidays: 8am – 6pm
Marina has 3 showers, 3 toilets & 3 sinks available every day from 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM.
Can be organized by the base – call Tel: 242-577-0063. Or Airport Taxis: Standby on VHF Ch. 06.
International Direct Flights. 4 Companies offer direct flights from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach: Bahamas Air, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Sky Bahamas. They all fly to Marsh Harbour, Abaco Bahamas, We also have flights that arrive from New. York, London, Paris into Nassau Bahamas, and then take a Bahamas Air Flight to Marsh Harbour, Abaco.
Radio Abaco local weather forecast is broadcasted every morning at 0600 and evening at
1800 on 93.5 FM. Local Bahamian Sweet Music, on Radio Abaco. Special announcements
are broadcast in case of alerts or tropical storms. Local Radio Bahamas Station ZNS 1540 AM, ZNS 1240 AM & Power 103.5 FM-Jam.
The Cruisers Net weather broadcast forecast ch68 at 0830. Special announcements are
broadcast in case of alerts or tropical storms on 13.10 KHz at 0810
Services in the marina’s local area
There is a restaurant at the base (The Jib Room), and several restaurants nearby. Snapper’s Bar & Grill, Mangoes’s Restaurant, Curly Tail Restaurant & Bar, Wally’s Restaurant & Bar, Boat Harbour Marina Restaurant & Bar, Jib Room Marina Restaurant & Bar.
Grocery /Food Store
- Supermarket: Maxwell’s Food Store, 5-minuites from the base.
- Abaco Grocery, 10-minuite from the base.
- Save-a-Lot Supermarket, 7-minuite from the base; Opening hours: Monday – Saturday 8am to 8pm and Sunday 8am – 2am
Some organize a taxi picking you up and back with your provisioning.
In case of any medical emergency, we have a Government Clinic that is open every day and night. We also have private medical doctors on duty and on call. Master & Visa credit card are accepted.
Call from Bahamas to any part of the World: you just need to dial (1) and the number of your contact (home or cellular) for the US, or 011 for the rest of the world plus the country code and number. There are no special numbers to add. You can also use your personal cell phone as well (check with your cell phone provider, ask about an international plan). We are also connected to AT&T Worldwide Telecommunication.
Internet & Wifi
They are widely spread in and around Abaco and around the Cays.
Most Marinas are equipped with Wifi network. Contact Harbour master’s office to know how to access it, and to get the password
Things to know/Attractions:
- Batelco is the largest Telecummication phone company in the islands of the Bahamas.
- We also have blue holes on Abaco islands
- Bird Watching Abaco Parrott. They our Beautiful
- Hole in The Wall Lighthouse
- Hole In The Wall Cave
- Hope Town Candy Stripe Lighthouse.
What to Bring
- Passport. Do not forget it.
- Travel light – you will not need much! Like the lifestyle, clothing in the tropics is casual.
- Bring as many changes of swimwear as you can and a few pairs of shorts and T-shirts. It is a good idea to pack one lightweight sweater and a pair of long pants, as it can be cool on the water at night.
- This will be an essentially barefoot vacation, but for trips, ashore and for the rare occasion when you might want to wear shoes on deck, a good pair of deck shoes or similar attire is handy. Beach shoes, such as ‘Teva’s’, are necessary for this vacation, as you will need footwear that can handle getting wet and filled with sand.
- Use duffel bags and similar soft-luggage as these can be far more easily stored onboard than hard-sided suitcases. There is no storage on board for large suitcases.
- Carry your toothbrush, swimming costume and any vital medications in your hand luggage; if by some unlucky chance your luggage goes missing you will be able to get on with your vacation whilst the airline traces it!
- If your journey involves a complicated flight plan, label your luggage destination Dream Yacht Charters 242-577-0063, Marsh Harbour Marina, Abaco, Bahamas, so we can help it get to you. There are shopping facilities around the Caribbean.
In the Abaco’s
Abaco life is informal and accordingly, our check-list is small. – swimsuits, a long
sleeve shirt and long pants for sun protection, a hat, and socks if you are especially
sensitive. Do not forget a pair of old sneakers for beachcombing. The dress for eating out is
informal, but ladies may enjoy wearing a Bahamian batiked sundress or skirt or wrap.
During the winter months a sweatshirt, sweater or light jacket will feel good after
sundown, and of course, light foul weather gear will come in handy for an occasional
Snorkel & Mask
Snorkel gear is available but your own mask may fit you better.