Raise your hand if you’re fired up for some San Juan Islands Cruising! Yep, me too. I know some of you are already packing so let’s get right to it …
- Soft luggage is best (wheels make for easier travelling). Something that can fold almost flat. Sailboats don’t tend to have extra space for the big hard case luggage. You can bring it but you might have to sleep with it 😉
- Bring comfortable clothes for the boat. Swim suit if you don’t mind chilly water.
- Bring something nicer for evening dining ashore.
- The San Juans are very green which means rain from time to time. Bring a jacket or pullover for rain or when chilly. Warm stuff for layering underneath, fleece works well.
- Sunblock, sun glasses, hat with strap (shades head and neck a plus).
- Your bathroom stuff. Sheets and one set of towels are provided.
- Your deck shoes should be non-marking (no black soles).
- Money: for travel to and from airport, meals ashore, food bought to bring aboard, trinkets, and your skipper’s drinks … or not.
- Camera, MP3 player. There is almost always a jack on the boat radio to plug your player in.
- If you want to charge/run something onboard, bring your car charger which is 12 volts.
- Your drinking cup for your water, juice or coldy of choice. We tend to get water in the bigger containers.
OK, you can put your hand down.
See you soon,