Sail the San Juans
August 10 -17, 2014
We had a wonderful Adventure on our cruise through the beautiful San Juans followed by the local gathering and festivities of the PNW weekend.
For those attending our San Juan Adventure, all info Click Here
There is nothing like cruising the San Juan Islands. Bordering Canada, at the top of Washington state, they are beautiful fur and hemlock covered islands that have you thinking you are cruising an alpine lake. Each island has its own charms from remote Sucia, to upscale Roche, to friendly Friday. With amazing island trails, fun towns, tall ships, inns and orcas, this is a unique cruising opportunity.
This Adventure has no long offshore passages, just a gentle tree scented cruise through forest islands. A great way to introduce your partner to the joys of cruising. Our fun, pro skippers are there to guide and teach.
PNW Weekend, Our San Juans cruise coincides with the famous Pacific Northwest Weekend. We cruise around paradise including a mid-week stop at the remote Sucia Island for a beach bbq/acoustic music jam, with the PNW’s local sailing fleet. Friday night we roll up to the big weekend event at Cap Sante and enjoy it through Sunday am.
Have your own boat in the PNW? Great, join us! Click Here for local PNW event info.
From the folks at VisitSanJuans.com …
Deep green forests. Sparkling blue waters. Silence broken only by birdsong. Breathe in the fresh island air and feel renewed, refreshed, revitalized, relaxed.
Welcome to the San Juan Islands! Just a scenic ferry ride or a short flight from the northwest Washington mainland lies a paradise for the adventurous in spirit, whether you yearn for the slow pace of island time or the excitement of new experiences. Come and dream. Come and explore.
Ship Harbor Yachts has provided great sailing yachts for this pine scented cruise.
Booking or Adventure questions, Woody@AdventureVoyaging.com
Terms of booking …
- Price includes your skipper guide, your cabin/bunk on the yacht and partial provisioning – food for simple breakfasts and lunches, some dinners/BBQ. The San Juans have wonderful shoreside eateries (do try the crab :), expect to add some local flavor to your adventure.
- Travel is extra. We publish tips and pass on group rates when we get them.
- No smoking onboard boats.
- She or he is responsible for you. Skipper decisions are final.
- Cabins booked first come, first served on boats shown or ones similar.
- Balance due 60 days prior to cruise.
- 100% refund within 7 days of purchase unless within 60 days of sail. Refund also given if another party can be found to fill the spot.
- Please wait for us to confirm your cabin before booking air, etc.
- We passionately defend the bliss of our wonderful people. If we think you don’t fit with that idea, we reserve the right to remove you from the boat (to land ;).
- You agree to have the Adventure of a lifetime!
We’ve arranged sleepaboard on the yachts the night of the 10th which allows guest to arrive anytime they like after 2pm. Boats must return to the base by noon on the 17th. Base is at the top of Fidalgo Island (Anacortes Area). Seattle airport code is SEA. The Airporter.com runs shuttles from the side door of the airport to Old Salts, a block from the base. It’s a beautiful drive 😉
Everyone works together on Adventure Voyages. To the extent that you are able … you help with lines, fenders, hoisting, helming, trimming, navigation, mooring, anchoring, etc. Anything you would like to learn, your skipper is there to teach. And if you eat and don’t cook, you ought’ be good at dishes.
We are fired up to do some PNW Adventuring and learning with great people. Our blissful cruise ’round the San Juan islands will make memories to last a lifetime.
Whale watching, sea kayaking, Cycling, hiking, boating, birding. Plenty of time for leisurely casual meals or fine dining at the remarkable variety of island restaurants . . . for exploring our array of art galleries and antique shops. . . for shopping, strolling our charming small villages with an ice cream cone or a smoothie, and discovering the delights of our history museums and farmers’ markets.
Toss your camera, some casual clothes, and comfortable walking shoes in your bag. Leave your cares behind. Be our guest. Courtesy of VisitSanJuans.com
See you in Paradise!